Re: +8?

To: tjsouz@epix.net
Subject: Re: +8?
From: William Zehring <zehrinwa@UMDNJ.EDU>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 1998 09:33:37 -0400
At 07:14 AM 10/23/98 -0700, you wrote:
>Hi group,
>
>There's an Audi television ad that starts off with an open sports car
>with a rear hung spare tire seen as a reflection in some automotive body
>work.  Is that a Morgan +8?  It happens so quickly, when my brain is
>turned off because it's time for a commercial,  and so briefly that I'm
>left wondering.  If I knew the Audi ad was coming I would turn on the
>VCR and record it.  Anybody get in identification of this will o' the
>wisp?
>
>Regards, Tony Souza

I doubt that Audi would be willing to spend the sort of money that network
TV advertising comes to to show images of Morgans.  I've seen the same ad
and tho I can only recognize the pre-war silver arrows (V16s?? driven by
the likes of Rudi C.) that also appear in that ad, I'll wager that what you
saw was some OTHER Audi (or, rather, Auto Union) model from days long gone
by.  This doesn't mean that they didn't copy the Morgan, however (!)

Will "who'd never own a hunnish car" Zehring