Re: Plus 4 radiator

To: Oddcarnut@aol.com, morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Plus 4 radiator
From: LSelz@aol.com
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 1998 09:53:25 EST
Ken -

I don't know about "reasonable cost" solutions, since the previous owner of my
4/4 absorbed whatever cost was involved,  but Griffin makes a fine aluminum
radiator in North Carolina (as Nelson mentions) that will solve any car's
cooling problems forever.

My car has idled through 97 degree city traffic and never gone over 170
degrees; and I never even remembered to switch the electric fans on.  (They're
hooked up through a thermostat and a dash switch in series for some reason).

I can promise you that any car I might own in future that has an ancestral
tendency to overheat (XK Jag, Morgan, etc) is going to get one of these
radiators regardless of the cost.  I HATE that ticking, buzzing, hissing noise
that presages a boilover......

Lannis