Re: Plus 4 rear ends

To: Morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Plus 4 rear ends
From: jpavone@vanstar.com
Date: Sun, 3 Jan 1999 09:47:40 -0800
The rear axle is a Dana Model 23 from either a 6 cylinder Studebaker Lark
or Champion (circa 1959). The ratios I know about are 4.51 , 4.27, 4.09,
and 3.73..there are probably others available. The most common one that
I've found has a 3.73 ratio. The higher numerical ratio's are more
difficult to find although a NOS source for Studebaker (Neuman and Altman)
had a NOS 4.51 ring and pinion available last time I checked. Some of these
axles were fitted with a LSD.

If you have a Morgan (pre 61? +4) with a Salisbury 3HA axle these
Studebaker ring and pinions should be interchangeable.
Hope this helps.
Regards,

John