B-52's

To: "'Morgan@autox.team.net'" <Morgan@autox.team.net>
Subject: B-52's
From: Chris Ness <cness@asymtek.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 18:10:08 -0800
I believe the Bell X-1 was released from a B-29, at least in all the
pictures I've seen.  It could have been released from a B-36, but at any
rate the B-52 did not come online until the mid '50's and the X-1, even
"Glamorous Glennis" would have been long retired by then.

I once saw Chuck Yeager driving south on I-5 toward LAX when I was in a van
with my father and my sister's boyfriend at the time.  He was driving the
'Vette that was in all those AC Delco ads (or at least had the identical
paint scheme) and it had vanity plates identifying it as Yeager.  My father
is a retired Naval aviator and the boyfriend was a Northwest pilot so they
got very excited about seeing him and did a real looky-lou...he seemed
somewhat annoyed that we were paying attention to him though we didn't
swerve or otherwise commit any highway breaches of ettiquette.

Chris Ness
Bonsall, CA
'61 Plus 4