Re: Britspeak & american slang

To: F Kuzyk <fkuzyk@cgocable.net>
Subject: Re: Britspeak & american slang
From: "Ernest(Chip) Brown" <ebrown@ms.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 1999 12:41:01 -0500
First of all, its "deuce", as in "two". A deuce coupe is a two door thirties
Ford coupe. "Nerf" refers to "nerf bars" A nerf bar is a nicely made curved
piece of chromed steel tubing, closed at both ends, welded to a bracket and used
as a minimalist bumper for a customized car. Lakes pipes were called cut outs in
the East. Same thing. Bypass the muffler, make big noise. Chip Brown