RE: +8 engine colours

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: +8 engine colours
From: "Vandergraaf, Chuck" <vandergraaft@aecl.ca>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 13:41:54 -0500
Alumin(i)um should not corrode beyond a very thin oxide coating (Al becomes
passivated). Therefore, there should be no need to paint the block unless
you want a specific colo(u)r.

However, with all the road salt people keep pouring on the road, even
alumin(i)um will corrode (look at Al wheels, for example).

Chuck (let's keep the salt on the table and off the roads) Vandergraaf
'52 +4 (victimized by Pennsylvania road salt)
Pinawa, MB