Re: +8 steering creak

To: "aMORGANS@autox.team.net" <Morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: +8 steering creak
From: Bob Nogueira <nogera@prodigy.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 99 18:50:24 -0500
-- [ From: Bob Nogueira * EMC.Ver #3.1a ] --

George: There is a hole drilled from the space between the bushings to the
underside of the  Bronze spring damper plate to  allow grease to get up
under the bronze damper. If that hole is blocked the bronze damper plate
could be dry. Since there is a lot of space to hold grease in the king pin
assembly  and this hole is so small it is the last place the grease will
flow .  When greasing my front suspension I always pump grease until I see
it come out from under the plate at the base of the spring.  If your
bushings are very worn the grease will come out the bottom of the Kingpin
and this plate will never get any grease
 Of course pumping more grease is too simple a fix, so it must mean you need
new  bushings  :)
Also I have found that grease will sometimes back up the 'one shot ' oiler
tube and       all the oil goes to just one  side.   .
Bob Nogueira