Paint, Meets Etc

To: "aMORGANS@autox.team.net" <Morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: Paint, Meets Etc
From: Bob Nogueira <nogera@prodigy.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 99 20:44:59 -0500
-- [ From: Bob Nogueira * EMC.Ver #3.1a ] --

I don't know how many of  you do your own painting but I was shocked today
when I went by my paint supplier to pick up a quart of  Zinc Chromate primer
( to paint the   under side of the DHC door skin ) and they told me that PPG
had discontinued it plus 90 % of their  older products due to EPA
regulations. He expects the lacquer paint and primer to be discontinued this
summer. The real kicker was the price of the NEW
two part primer ( $60.per qt ) compared to 20 for the old type. I really
hate to see the old lacquer disappear. Its' so easy to spray and to do touch
ups.

 As for the DHC, I have now officially spent more time on the construction
of the doors than I did building the body tub.  I can fully appreciate why
Morgan no longer offers a DHC. The frustrating part is that all the trial
and error learning  building roadster doors not only does not pertain, but
usually leads you astray.

On another note, does MOG SOUTH  still have a gathering  in the spring? The
weather has been beautiful here and I've been driving the Duchess to work.
Its really given me the desire to take  long weekend road trip  come spring.
 (Yes Colin I  have noted the Las Cruces  event and I'm giving it serious
thought.

Bob Nogueira
    'Happiness is a swinging door'