RE: Miatas 'n things

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Miatas 'n things
From: "Kit Hildreth" <krisbox@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 09:58:38 PST
Gerry Willburn  wrote:

"Arlo,

I think the point is NOT whether a well maintained Miata will last until
2028.  As you point out ANY well maintained car will last another 30
years.

I think that the question was rather, will Miata enthusiasm last another
30
years, or is it another passing yuppie fad and that the Miata is doomed
the same oblivion as the Sprigets and Spitfires (and there will still be
few of them around in 2028)."
********
I live in the Bay area; keep my eyes open, and am constantly amazed @
how many Spitfires, MGB's and "Spridgets" are running around. How often
do you see another Morgan (4 months ago in my case!)? The fact is that a
Miata is what Americans would have liked British "sports" cars to be but
never were. I saw a program on Speedvision which featured the Miata and
showed Miata owners thinking they've got a unique vehicle and share a
unique spirit. They of course, delude themselves on that score; but I'll
wager they'll be joining "our" ranks by 2028- i.e those of REAL
enthusiasts!
Kit Hildreth