Cantab visit. . .

To: "William G. Lamb, III" <morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: Cantab visit. . .
From: "Fred Schuchard" <fschuch@jaguarsystems.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 19:27:21 -0500
Hi Willie,

I am glad to have had the opportunity to meet you and to see your exquisite
car. When Alister asked Bob Watson (old college chums) to accompany him to
see your new Plus 8, Bob asked me if I too would like to go along. After
deliberating a second or two, I said of course! What made the trip even
better was that the meeting place had changed to Cantab Motors where I
bought my car last April.

Bob and I left southern NJ at 7:00 AM and drove to Alister's house. From
there, Alister did the driving to VA. After our visit we returned to
Annapolis stopping at the Land Rover headquarters for a quick tour and to
pick up a Discovery II that Alister was going to drive for a week or so.
Upon returning to Alister's house, he gave us a tour of his fascinating
collection of rear-engine cars. This was the second time I had spent time in
his company and I find him to be very interesting. We then drove into
Annapolis for drinks and a late dinner at Davis' Pub, my favorite sailor's
bar in the Eastport section of town. All in all, a very enjoyable day! But,
as you said, a long one - we pulled into my driveway at 2 AM! I'm getting to
be a little too "long in the tooth" for these hours!

I'm relatively unfamiliar with the new Morgans and was impressed with the
high quality of workmanship reflected in the various modifications necessary
for US models. The side-impact weldments installed in the doors and the fuel
tank protection looked original to the car and not "aftermarket." I also was
impressed by the "metalized" exhaust manifolds. It appears that your car
should last a lot longer than the old Morgans due to the galvanized frame,
marine grade plywood and the use of a urethane sealant between the plywood
floor panels and the metal supports as well as generous use of stainless
fasteners. It's a beautiful car and I wish you many happy miles of
enjoyment.

Hoping our paths will cross again!

Fred

Fred Schuchard