Re: Looking for some input...

To: "J.D. Welch" <jdwelch@datawing.com>
Subject: Re: Looking for some input...
From: "Stuart J. Ross" <stuross@nac.net>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 1999 22:30:06 -0500
It depends on how much driving you intend to do and how long it has been
since you drove your Mog last. I always check the oil (British cars like to
"mark their spot") and the water, too. Summer driving leads to occasional
overheating. Wires and connections tend to loosten through vibrations, so
checking those can be helpful, too. Every so often a puch of the"one shot"
oiler is required to lubricate the suspension. (But once that caused a
fitting to break and sprayed oil oll over the place!)
Every so often it is wise to put the car on a lift or jack stands and get
under it to inspect the nuts and bolts and see if anything else has come
loose. After long trips or several weeks of use, that inspection can save
you from learning the hard way that a bit needed tightening. I am not much
of a mechanic, but you learn the basics when you own one of these cars. it
takes motoring back to a "hands on" experience that is lost in modern
techno-cars. So the "pre-flight" inspection process is really part of the
enjoyment and uniqueness of Morgan ownership. I expect that other vintage
brit car drivers of MGs, Trs etc have the same experiences with their cars
as we Morganeers do.