[Fwd: Looking for some input...]

To: "Morgans@Autox.Team.Net" <Morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fwd: Looking for some input...]
From: "Ernest(Chip) Brown" <ebrown@ms.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 1999 08:49:23 -0500
--------------CDE6291E1489EC607F987373

Meant to send this to the list too. CB

--------------CDE6291E1489EC607F987373

Date: Tue, 02 Mar 1999 08:48:36 -0500
From: "Ernest(Chip) Brown" <ebrown@ms.com>
To: "J.D. Welch" <jdwelch@datawing.com>
Subject: Re: Looking for some input...

Here's a quick list of things that I've found loose or broken upon
inspection, either by myself or by a scrutineer at a race track: broken
bracket fastening steering column to cross brace; broken lug nuts; cracked
wheels; loose battery holddowns, lug nuts, suspension bolts, bolts holding
floor in place, loose dashpot plunger(top of SU carb), loose steering wheel,
loose valve cover nuts (that's a messy one!!), glovebox, loose screws on
bracket holding gas tank in (after the whole mess collapsed, I surmised the
screws were loose...cost me a dam fine cigar,too...), loose points screw
(stops you cold), loose coil wire (ditto), hubcap (went flying off into a
field. My son went chasing after it).

Once you know all the stuff that can break or come loose, you look at the
car with a great deal more interest and, yes, trepidation and (sometimes)
fear and loathing. Then you tighten up, crank it up, roll it out, and all is
forgotten forever. Chip Brown