mounting fiberglass wings (fenders)

To: Morgan List <morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: mounting fiberglass wings (fenders)
From: "David" <pdburket@intrepid.net>
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 1999 23:33:34 -0500
Got a idea that I would like to toss around.  I am now fitting fiberglass
wing to my Mog and I am looking for a way to attach them at the wing lights
to prevent them from cracking during normal use.   Normally plates are
welded on steel wings at the wing light attaching point.  On fiberglass
wings, I was contemplating making  a steel sandwich with fiberglass.  I plan
to place a steel plate between two layers of fiberglass, the top layer being
the
bottom side of each wing, and the bottom layer of fiberglass , being the
fiberglass resin that is directly applied to each steel plate.

If you have any comment,  I would love to hear from you.

Regards,
David