Re: Leather Care

To: "Morgan List" <morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Leather Care
From: "Fred Birkbeck" <fredb@onthenet.com.au>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 1999 08:06:02 +1000
I have had the "new" leather uphostery in my restored Mog for 4 years.
Light fawn in color.  It gets "used" and has to put up with severe sun, rain
and anything goes.   An image of the upholstery is in my Mog page
http://www.onthenet.com.au/~fredb/morgan01.htm

I was advised by a leather merchant to use a product, that has been on the
Australian market for many years, called "ge-wy" Leather Dressing.  The can
says:
"Softens, preserves,& water proofs all leather products.  Contains natural
leather foods.  Will not harm stitching"

I can vouch for the product.  The upholstery still looks and smells like
new.  Many Aussie "cow-cockies" swear by it for their leather saddlery etc.

Available form Ge-Wy Products, 14 Victoria Street, Singleton, NSW, 2330,
Australia.  Tel: 61 2 6572 4766,  Fax: 61 2 6571 1181

(I have no knowledge of,  or business dealings with,  this company - I just
use their product and it is good!)

Best regards,  Fred Birkbeck.  1951 +4