alloy strlps on back panel

To: Morgan List <morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: alloy strlps on back panel
From: "David" <pdburket@intrepid.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 1999 10:33:12 -0500
Fellow Morganeers,

Once again I come before you seeking your advice and wisdom.  First let me
thank you for your response regarding past request regarding mounting the
windscreen and wings.  My problem today concerns mounting the two alloy
strips on the rear deck of me '60 plus 4.

I am pondering the best approach that should be taken in attaching these
strips without overdue working of strips that may damage the finish of said
strips.
    1. Should I fit the strips from the bottom up? - then trim the top edge?
    2. Should mounting holes be pre-drilled?
    3. What is commonly the  approximate distance between each drill hole?
    4. I have already attached the rear deck.   On the old wheel arch, I've
noted that there are large
        screws attaching the wood body frame that supports the back panel.
Could these screw         heads present a problem when locating screw holes
in each alloy strip.

I appreciate any insight you might share on the subject.

Thanks,

David