Improved front suspension seal

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Improved front suspension seal
From: Peter White <an5@deepsouth.co.nz>
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 1999 11:19:11 +1200
There was a thread on this list some time ago which looked at ways of
excluding water and road grit from the front suspension ( and keeping
lubricant in).

On rebuilding the front suspension on my +8 I planned to make Fred Sissons
modification ("O"ring held in place by a small section of the old bush)....
as an aside, I concur with others ... Fred's book  "Morgan Drivers's Bedside
Reader " is a must own book.

I took all components to my local engineer to be fitted and he made the
comment that "O" rings are primarly designed for sealing rotating shafts not
sliding ones.. we talked about it for a bit  and finally decided to use
hydraulic rams seal which are designed for predominantly sliding shafts. My
engineer friend turned a recess in the bush to hold the seal in place.... so
far have had no problems.

Peter White
NZ