Re: On the lighter side....

To: <Morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: On the lighter side....
From: "Jeff Webster" <carfindr@tiac.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 19:02:55 -0400
A successful lawyer friend of mine finally took delivery of his new 'long
door' Plus 8 Morgan, after what seems like years of waiting! I was lucky
enough to be invited to go with him to pick it up from the dealer.
On our way home we decided that he should stop buy his office to show the
car off to his colleagues. Well, his office is on a one way street and as he
got out, a truck came along too close to the curb, and completely tore off
the drivers door! Jim went ballistic, he immediately grabbed his cell phone,
dialed 911, and almost before he'd hung up the phone a cop arrived.
Well, before the cop had a chance to ask any questions, Jim started
screaming hysterically. His Morgan, which he had been waiting years for and
had finally got, was completely ruined and would never be the same, no
matter what specialty shop tried to make it new again.
When Jim finally wound down from his rant, the cop was shaking his head in
disbelief.
"I can't believe how materialist you are" he said.
"You are so focused on your possessions, you don't notice anything else"
"How can you say such a thing" asked Jim.
"Well didn't you know your left arm is missing from the elbow down? It must
have been torn off when the truck hit you"! replied the cop.
"MY GOD!" screamed Jim, "Where's my Rolex?"