MORGANEER ONLINE

To: "'Morgans'" <morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: MORGANEER ONLINE
From: "DeLuca, Joseph" <Joseph.DeLuca@wl.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 1999 10:16:38 -0400
Good news!

After a brief lapse (in geological terms) the Morgan 3/4 Group's
newsletter, "The Morganeer", is now online again, courtesy of
our friends at MORGAN SPARES.

The journal, now edited by Tony Newton, can be seen by going
to the MORGAN SPARES "Morgan Mall" at
http://www.morgan-spares.com where the 3/4 Group's web
site lives, or go directly to the newsletter at
http://www.morgan-spares.com/three_fourgroup/inside_cover.html
It includes our complete calendar of events, tech tips and the
inevitable "Raymond the Cat" cartoon.

Not mentioned in the April edition posted there is Stu Ross'
New Jersey Opening Run coming this Sunday, May 2nd.
Since Sunday is foretold to be a glorious sunny 72F, I'm
adding the particulars below in case you'd like to join us.

Thanks!

Joe DeLuca
Sparta, NJ
'62 yellow 4/4 competition model
Morgan 3/4 Group, USA

*

THE NEW JERSEY OPENING RUN
at Lewis Morris Park in Morristown, NJ

MAY 2nd  -  SUNDAY

The NJ Triumph Club has their annual British Car Day in this large
historical park.
It's a very informal meet in a lovely setting and this will be the starting
point for our
event. We will assemble at the park and spend a few hours participating in
the show,
kicking tires, showing off our Morgans and socializing.   The show opens at
9:00am,
but you can arrive anytime before 1:00pm when we start our tour.

The next phase of the event will be a Morgan tour of the scenic roads in
Morris
County and environs.  This tour will leave at from Lewis Morris Park in the
early
afternoon and take about 40 minutes (20 miles).

We will finish the tour at Willies Tavern in Bedminster for a late lunch and
then
depart for home or go to historic Chester for shopping.

The Triumph Club will charge about $5-10 per car to enter the show.  There
is
no judging of cars, but in the past they have awarded prizes for the best
tailgate
picnic, so you might want to participate in that event (but bear in mind
we're
going to that late lunch at Willies so plan your meals accordingly).

DIRECTIONS:  Lewis Morris Park is on Route 24, a few miles west of
Morristown,
NJ.  The best way to get there is to take I-287 to Morristown and connect
with
Rt. 24 West.  Go through Morristown (around the "Green" in the center of
town)
and continue West on Rt. 24.  This will take you directly to the park.  The
Triumph
club usually puts out signs and Union Jacks on Rt. 24 and in the park as
landmarks
to guide you to the meet.  Rt. 24 continues West to Mendham and Chester.

>From Pennsylvania, New York and Connecticut, there are a variety of possible
routes.
Check your map for the best way to get to Morristown and follow direction
above.