Re: Jacking

To: Jeff Webster <carfindr@tiac.net>,
Subject: Re: Jacking
From: Bob Nogueira <nogera@prodigy.net>
Date: Fri, 07 May 99 22:38:34 -0500
-- [ From: Bob Nogueira * EMC.Ver #3.1a ] --

Jeff :
I always use the subframe as the spot for the jackstand, For the rear I use
the axle.
I have experienced no problem jacking the car up from the middle of the sub
frame and in the past always used the middle of the rear cross member.

If I might give you a word of advise re the oil pan gasket , check to insure
that the flange is straight. if warped or bent straighten it out before
installing. insure that any sealer you use goes to the inside of the bolts
as the holes are not dead ends and I have bad  leaks around the bolts.

Bob Nogueira