Re: Front Brake hose

To: <Morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Front Brake hose
From: "Jeff Webster" <carfindr@tiac.net>
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 16:45:29 -0400
Hi Gang,
I need some help again! The front brake hose on my 1958 Plus 4, gets
stretched like a banjo string when I turn my wheels full lock. I suspect
that the same clown who was responsible for all the other bodges on the car
is responsible for this also, as the lines have been recently changed. These
hoses measure about 13" - which seems to be an inch or two short. To
compound the problem - it seems that Morgan spares lists the new brake hoses
at around $38 each! (although Linda was unavailable to confirm this) Melvyn
Rutter does front hoses for about thirteen pounds each or around $20.
Could someone measure the front brake hose on a brake drum car and tell me
if it is longer than 13"? and is there any way to by these hoses from my
local NAPA or are they peculiar to Morgan?

Many Thanks,

Jeff