Oil Leak

To: <Morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: Oil Leak
From: "Jeff Webster" <carfindr@tiac.net>
Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 20:41:33 -0400
Hi there,
Some what pissed today, as I feel I am nearing completion on my 'quickie'
restoration, something I thought I had already sorted broke again (the
handbrake cable - brand new too?
Any way the question de jour: I replaced the oil pan gasket, and did a nice
job of ensuring all bolt holes were caulked. But low and behold I still have
a leak. It seems that it is not coming from the gasket, but rather from the
crack where the little block that covers the front main bearing is - you
know directly beneath the timing chain cover. Is this my front main seal
leaking? Or is this something I can solve fairly easily, i.e.: without
removing the pan again?

Regards,

Jeff