Re: Grand day out with Party poopers!

To: <Morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Grand day out with Party poopers!
From: "Jeff Webster" <carfindr@tiac.net>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 1999 11:11:15 -0400
I also attended a car show yesterday. It was the 'British Cars by the Sea'
in Waterford, CT. It's a good event, improving every year - and more and
more vendors getting involved. Sadly, only three Morgans showed up. My
friend Nelson brought his Blue 61 + 4 four seater, and two others. Another
+4 four seater from the sixties and purple DHC(much smaller that I imagined
them to be). Any way, the guy who owned the four seater and the older gent
that brought the DHC were a father and son team from Farmington, CT. Neither
car is in any club - neither is registered, which I think is a shame. I
don't mind if they don't want to be involved in a club - but atleast let
others know what car you have and where it lives. Hell, Morgans are rare
enough, without people 'hiding' them! These two people (Merrill was the sons
name) told tale of another guy with a Plus 8 Morgan that lives in Madison,
CT. apparently he has had other Morgans in the past and surely would be good
contact to know.  Well, like they say in California 'WHAT EVER!'
My car will hopefully be on the road in two to three week just waiting on
tires now.
Oh, By the way, I had a chance to go pay a quick visit to Chip Brown in
Norwalk and see his lovely '57 Plus 4. It sure is a sweet car - I even got
to drive it! If you are gonna be in his neighborhood, give him a call and
swing by, you'll be glad you did.

Best regards,

Jeff