Re: Heat, sound insulation, attenuation

To: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>, morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Heat, sound insulation, attenuation
From: "David P. Crandall" <davidc@netwrk.org>
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 1999 18:09:56 -0400
I just got to this post while cleaning up my mailbox and felt compelled to tap
out that which follows below:

At 09:15 PM 4/16/1999 -0400, John T. Blair wrote:

>At 02:45 PM 4/16/99 -0400, Greg Monfort wrote:

>>Some useful info. http://www.bulley-hewlett.com/VWindex/

>If you haven't checked out this page, it is a MUST.  Don't let the fact that

>it is about VWs put you off.  It is fantastic!!!!

>Remember, "a wise man can learn from a fool, but a fool can't learn from

>a wise man".

>John

John (et al) - Wow, kudos for forwarding this link to the list!  For those of
you who haven't taken a squint and have the time [trust me, take the time!],
this is one of the best examples of useful content I've seen on the Web [and I
surf around a fair bit in my work!].  This guy has created a great how-to
piece, including annotated diagrams and bonus photos WITH appropriate recaps of
prior steps. PLUS, it is well and humorously written, he knows when to use
"its" not "it's" AND lastly and most brilliantly, at the end you realize you've
just experienced one of his core competencies as a consultant- creating
effective presentations!  I was just blown away and have had to wrench myself
away from his company's website to write this.  And yeah, I am going to try to
engage the guy to help us, even tho' we're a weensy research and training
outfit concerned primarily w/ helping schools innovate and change without
killing their people not a Fortune 500 enterprise.

You might have been dissuaded from checking out the site earlier since there
are a few differences between a Morgan and a VW bus [or your quick scan thought
it was about Windex].  However, heat [desired] and heat [undesired] makes for a
common bond between marques.  And, my Volvo 122S is a lot closer to a Vanagon
than my DHC.

So, my everlasting thanks to John Blair, scanner and compiler extrordinaire,
who's tech file never fails to help.  This one should go in the Hall of Fame.

Oh yes, if you do click over to Bulley's VW adventure and like his writing
style, haven't minded some of the more arcane digressions on this list of late,
and, I hasten to add, don't get too upset seeing the F-word in print /or just
want to have your brain bent in new ways relevant to our collective future in
this technologically-accelerating era, Morgan ownership notwithstanding,
checkout "www.rageboy.com", especially the Cluetrain Manifesto.

Anon all, the sauna that's Massachusetts has abated enough to take a
pre-prandial run in my black and tan beauty!  Regards, David

David P. Crandall, President

The NETWORK,Inc.

136 Fenno Drive

Rowley, Massachusetts 01969

978-948-7764 [O], 978-948-7836 [fax]

1-800-877-5400 [toll-free]

davidc@netwrk.org [email]

<italic>"Creating Change Together Since 1969"</italic>