RE: side vents for hot feet

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: side vents for hot feet
From: Phil Roettjer <Phil.Roettjer@quantum.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 10:23:27 -0700
Morgan team,
I thought I would offer a few thoughts on the subject of heat inside the
cockpit on hot days. I drove a MGTF for years and the MG T series cars share
this problem with Morgans. I have seen numerous attempts at correcting this
over the years. A very good friend in Colorado decided to totally seal up
and insulate the footwell prior to a trip from Colorado to California to
attend a GOF. Of course the route crosses the desert so it does get quite
hot. My friend drove the trip with sandals and as a result received a third
degree burn on his big toe. He had made a really good oven out of the
footwell by sealing it so well. Moral of the story is that it is better to
have some air moving, even if it is hot air than none at all.

Over the years the MG folks have made a number of trips across the desert to
attend California events and the thing that I saw that worked the best was
to take a section of clothes dryer hose (I believe it is about 5 or 6 inches
in diameter) and tie one end to the wind screen hold down nut (this end
scoops air) and route the other end to the part of your body you wish to
keep cool. This technique has gotten a number of MG T series folks across
the desert without burning off extremities.

Stay cool,
Phil Roettjer

67 +4
67 MGB