RE: WANTED: Plus 8 Side Screens

To: "'morgans@autox.team.net'" <morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: WANTED: Plus 8 Side Screens
From: "Blair, John" <JBlair@scn.spawar.navy.mil>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 1999 07:44:26 -0400
Mike,

    I believe that both Penny Bates and Bob Couch will sell you a set.  But,
they
Are pretty expensive, approx $750 a pair for the roadster.

That said, Fred has an article in his "Bedside Reader" on making a crude
set.

To make a "repro" set, the biggest problem is finding the AL. That the frame
is
Made from.  It has 2 tracks for the windows, and channel on the out side for
the
Rubber seal.  You might be able to find a suitable AL. Extrusion for
McMasters.

Then there are 2 arms that attach to the window frame, and come down to the
Attaching screws on the door.  This area is fronted by a piece of  1/8"
plywood
And covered with that elusive skin of the nauga.

John

John T. Blair
jblair@scn.spawar.navy.mil
SPAWARSYSCEN Chesapeake
Chesapeake, VA                                 (757) 523-8133