RE: Back rests & Seat Bladders.

To: "Steve Moore" <steve.moore@tag.csiro.au>
Subject: RE: Back rests & Seat Bladders.
From: "Jeff Webster" <carfindr@tiac.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1999 21:06:02 -0400
Hi Steve,
I believe that you are correct, saying that  the later back rests got
simpler, but I think they also lost a lot of their 'Old sofa' appeal, as
they were much flatter.
As I mentioned in my piece - I you'd have to be bloody desperate or nuts to
try to make one - I've seen them for sale used, (and I guess you can buy
them new) indeed I bought a leather one myself complete with seat cushion
and original inflatable bladders for $200, so they are out there.
Talking of bladders - the ones Melvyn Rutter sells will certainly do the
job, but they look nothing like the originals which are rather like a long
snake that has been folded up and taped together, to form the rectangular
cushion shape.
I think if you had one to look at, it would be possible to make one from a
motorcycle inner tube. If I had a scanner I'd take a picture of one of mine
and attach it -  come to think of it, if I had a scanner I would have taken
a picture of the back rest and saved myself a lot of explaining!

Regards,

Jeff