Re: unnecessary email

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: unnecessary email
From: gdm@po.cwru.edu (David McCoy)
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 1999 08:36:21 -0400 (EDT)
>Listers.....At the risk of sounding like a curmudgeon, I would like
>to ask a favor of you. There are often emails directed to one
>specific person's comment on the list that really have nothing of interest
>or value to anyother lister. Why mail it to the whole list?

Dear Stuart et al (imagine italics)

        Many of us decided some time ago that there was more value in
receiving all emails rather then restrict answers to a specific person.
There are dozens of lurkers; and most problems encountered are universal
problems that will crop up sooner or later wit heveryones car. From my
perspective I welcome it; the slight inconvience encountered is far
outweighed by the benefits in my view.

Dave McCoy