Re: unclutter

To: "Morgans" <morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: unclutter
From: "F Kuzyk" <fkuzyk@cgocable.net>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 1999 01:03:00 -0400
Stu,
Sorry, but I have to agree with the others who dissent on this issue.

> My request to help unclutter the list was directed at what might be
> considered
> personal "chit-chat" rather than answers to Morgan related questions,
> especially technical questions. The tech stuff is what the list is all
> about.

The tech stuff is not what this list is all about. I believe you stated
earlier yourself that there should be more event info on the list! One of
the things that sets this list apart from many others is the light hearted
repartee that occassionally flourishes here & makes it worthwhile for me.
Too many lists have the "tech is what this is all about" onus & many of
these degenerate into "kiddie hour" rants of "my car's faster than yours" &
flame wars.

Should dreamers not dream (ConMogCon)?
Should listers not report (Rhinemog, MSCCC Fall Weekend,etc)?
Should sellers not commercialize? Or buyers seek?
Should a bad experience with a vendor not be brought to light?

Perhaps a message such as: "Hey Joe, missed you at Autumn Mog. It was great.
How's your hemmorrhoids doing?" - isn't the most appropriate! But when it
comes to List content, it is NOT ours to decide. We can help mold it but
ultimately it is the List Owners right. Below are some snippets from Team
Net policy & that of List Owner Mark Bradakis. As you will see, just about
anything related to cars is allowed, except flame is un-cool, & it's
suggested to be brief.

"....The Team.Net electronic mailing lists are a world wide community of car
owners and enthusiasts. Discussion covers just about anything related to
cars, mostly Auto-cross and British Cars....
The main purpose of the Team.Net Mailing lists archives, and web pages are
to discuss and share information about British cars or Auto-x, racing, and
related people, events, parts sources, technical info, etc."

"....Like the other lists served from autox.team.net, this one, in both
regular
and digest form, continue to exist through the volunteer efforts of the
list manager, Mark J. Bradakis, mjb@autox.team.net.  The list manager
retains
the right to make any and all changes to list content, membership and
policies,
including dissolving the list, at any time as he sees fit."

".....Try to keep the size of your submissions under control.  Post writeups
of events you attend, but don't get too long winded.  Feel free to ask about
technical issues, parts and cars, either wanted or for sale.  Do NOT think
that everybody on the list wants to have some nice big picture dumped in
their
mailbox.  If you want to send out pictures, programs or anything more than
a few paragraphs long, send a short note to the list explaining what you
have,
what boxes it will run on, and how folks can get it if they wish."

"....Public flames of other members are especially frowned upon.  If you
have a problem
with something or someone, it is recommended that you discuss it privately."

May common sense & tolerance prevail.
Cheers,
Fred Kuzyk
-MSCCC Website (Yep, it's still around)
-"tobacco" plug. (Yep, some on this list took "offence" to my cigar site in
the past)
- yadda, yadda (for brevity's sake)!