Re: unclutter response

To: "Morgan List" <Morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: unclutter response
From: " LMG@GoMoG " <gomog@angelfire.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 1999 18:45:04 -0400
---
LMG
GoMoG at
http://www.angelfire.com/mi/GoMoG/

On Tue, 3 Aug 1999 08:29:17    Stuart J. Ross wrote:

My request to help unclutter the list was directed at
 what might be considered personal "chit-chat" rather
 than answers to Morgan related questions, especially
 technical questions. The tech stuff is what the list
 is all about. But there are the occasional exchanges
 that have no value except to the sender and receiver
 and could easily be exchanged off the Morgan list. I
was a subscriber to an XKE list that was larger than
 the Morgan list. There were many useful items
 included, but an equally large number of messages
that were simply 2 party exchanges with no value to
 anyone except those 2 people. So I unsubscribed,
 because I was getting too much clutter in relation to
 the useful tech stuff. I don't want to see our Morgan
 list evolve in that direction.

Hi Stu,

It is true that often,(mostly in error), parties to
this List will continue a message thread publicly for a
 couple of emails after it has become primarily
 private. That is "chatter" and we can either read it
 (as many curious would do on a telephone party line)
 or we can simply press delete. Either way, it adds to
 the "neighborhood" charm of the List.

I no longer believe as you do that "The tech stuff is
 what the list is all about." I think that ANYTHING
 Morgan-related is what this List is all about. It
 gives us all a chance to "meet" with other owners and
 fans,  something somewhat more difficult for us scarce
 Morganeers than for the more numerous Jag owners.

On the subject of "tech stuff", for that matter, a
question of fascinating and specific interest to a 1964
 Plus 4 owner is less germane to the possessor of a
 fine Trike or injected Plus 8 than a gathering of Mogs
 in Monterey.

Yet I, for one, would not want to discourage ANY email
 on ANY Morgan subject here or refer it elsewhere. I
 beleive we should all support this List and encourage
 all Morgan communication as it serves us all. The
 more of us who use List, the more we can centralize
 Morgan internet communication to the benefit of our
community.

Perhaps your difficulty with "chatter" could better be
addressed, as already suggested, with a more rigorous
use by all of us of the "subject" line in the emails.
 Also, you can open another email address with any of
 the free services specifically for Morgan Mail list
 emails to segregate these from your other email.

LMG