Re: Jim & North American Morgans

To: "Morgan List" <Morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Jim & North American Morgans
From: " LMG@GoMoG " <gomog@angelfire.com>
Date: Sun, 08 Aug 1999 15:13:06 -0400
---
LMG
GoMoG at
http://www.angelfire.com/mi/GoMoG/

On Sun, 8 Aug 1999 11:07:20    jimgcusavecom wrote:

What happens to the MORGAN LIST if the bulk the 265
 subscribers join the proposed CMC. Where would those
 who DID NOT join get their tech info if everyone was
sending this info to CMC? Is CMC going to open it's web
site to everyone, member or not? Does every member of
 every club that joins have to be a member of CMC?

Personally, think the Morgan List is like an
"international" internet club now.

Jim

Hi Jim,

You are absolutely right.

I am not one who believes that we have to destroy and
replace the good things we have now in order to create
 something new and worthwhile. Come to think of it,
 that would be a very non-Morgan attitude.

I was thinking that the good things (such as this List)
 would be seamlessly amalgamated into the "Super"
 club's web site and expanded with a live Chat Room if
 we felt like it.

The site would become a "joint" site with multiple
contributers to multiple departments. The work is
already being done..it is just not centrally organized.

Local clubs (the future "chapters") would be encouraged
 and supported with free administration, their own page
 at the site and their events better published.

Revenues would go up from advertisers as the market
 they would be offered for their products would be much
 larger. Insurance, product quality, Morgan owner
 (consumer) protection, all this and more could become
 interesting possibilities but for the moment the
  K.I.S.S rules should apply.

We could just get a few clubs together on a new web
 site, give this site a name, throw in some of the
 existing resources and see if we like it. That much
 could be done with good will and no money.

Let's not re-invent the wheel here. This idea has
 worked successfully for many other marques. It will
 work for all of us as well. We seem to be a smaller
 more cohesive group than the others as it is.

Like Fred insists, some clubs will jealously hold onto
their isolation because of the personality of their
BIGWIGS. Some members will speak often and
enthusiastically and perhaps deliver less than that in
 the end.

Some members will only want a hard-copy magazine, some
 will only want the internet access, some will only
 look for the tech info and lectures, some will stick
 around the Chat Room with a beer beside them and a
 funny story, some will join only because it lowers
 their insurance rates and some will join because they
 can publicly chastise their last supplier of an
 expensive defective part.

 But does it matter why each specific member or club
 joins? The only question is whether it seems like a
good idea to each of us individually. We might get
 side-tracked trying to imagine why the other guy won't
 join even though we, in fact, will.

LMG