Re: Any Mailing List Members Use ICQ?

To: morgans@autox.team.net, mcrossan@netcom.ca
From: " LMG@GoMoG " <gomog@angelfire.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 1999 18:24:44 -0400
---
LMG
GoMoG at
http://www.angelfire.com/mi/GoMoG/

On Thu, 12 Aug 1999 12:58:47   mcrossan wrote:
>Hello,

I was just wondering if any of the morgan mailing list
 members use ICQ?  It would often be a much more
 efficient way of communiacating. I understand it is
 also possible to host chat sessions.

Regards,
David McCrossan

Hi David,

I de-installed my ICQ two years ago. There is a point
 when the screaming coo-coo bird message notifications
 or the accusatory buildup of unanswered "hi there's!"
 from "net" friends gets you crazy.

Mirabilis designed ICQ primarily as a one-on-one
 internet communication tool..and it can be fun for
 awhile but I don't know whether it would fit the bill
 here. The old PowWow probably is a better fit as it is
 designed for multiple users with graphic capabilities
 and joint web surfing. It was very big with teachers
 on the web.

But maybe we should try to keep things centralized here
 until there is a consensus from this group that we
 would like to try to expand communcication. I believe
 that keeping this group cohesive is the present
 priority.

If there is a consensus for it, we (as in you, I and
 everyone) can find the right program to suit us.
Something designed originally for multiple users, with
the capabilities for drawing diagrams (to show exactly
 what bolt we are talking about) and all in a
 sub-window system where it can be reduced to part of
 your screen while you do other things on the net.

A sorta web pub..

LMG