Re: Battery for a plus 4

To: "G D. Mc Coy" <gdm@po.cwru.edu>, <morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Battery for a plus 4
From: "Greg Solow" <gregmogdoc@surfnetusa.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 1999 23:38:02 -0700
We recommend replacing the two 6 volt batteries with a single group 24
12volt battery mounted on the side of the car opposite the driver to help
equalize the weight distribution.  We use a Nissan battery hold down frame
and a Nissan plastic battery tray to set the battery in and secure it as the
originals were secured with two threaded steel rods passing through the wood
floor and then through a narrow steel plate under the car.  Use nyloc nuts
and flat washers on top of the battery hold down frame so as to not damage
the plastic coating on the frame.  Install a new ground cable from the
battery to the frame, using the same general routing and fixing location as
the original that went from the left side battery. The cable will naturally
have to be longer that the original. Use a battery warranteed for 5 years or
longer.

Regards, Greg Solow