Re: questions

To: KatHaus7@aol.com
Subject: Re: questions
From: smithmog@ix.netcom.com
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 23:06:01 -0700
KatHaus7@aol.com wrote:

> Hi All,
> I am the proud new owner of a 1968 Plus 4- Four Seater. My aunt was the only
> owner since new. I am happy to say it's running and drives well. It is in
> need of a paint job, and there is some rust, but not too much. Do I need to
> order special paint to keep it in it's original color? (Green)
> On my dash (top line) I have 4 switches. Switch 1 is wipers, 2 & 3 I don't
> know what they do, and 4 is the instrument lighting. The fog lights need new
> bulbs, so I'm guessing that would be one of the switches.
> What is the light called that goes under where the license plate is on the
> back of the car, just underneath the spare tire? Need one of those too.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> KatKat- I wouldn't be too particular about the type of paint - I used 1986
Jaguar"new British racing green" Deltron acrylic enamel on my 68-but any
decent auto paint supplier can match what you have if it isn't too faded.
I'm guessing that one switch is for a driving light and the other for a
fog light - it was fairly common to have one of each in the sixties.And
the light you're referring to sounds like the license plate light- a very
common British car component available from a host of suppliers,although
it's more likely a bad bulb or shorted wire.
                Jeff Smith
                1968 4/4