Re: Hub Caps

To: jpavone@vanstar.com
Subject: Re: Hub Caps
From: John Bigler <jbigler@sprintmail.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 12:44:22 -0400
Hi John,

One solution is to file off part of each mushroom stud that anchor the hub
caps.  John Griffith did that awhile back and told me he's pleased with the
results...  easy on and off.  But, if you file too much, you could be looking
in the weeds for missing hub caps.

Another approach, not really a solution, is to carry a hammer and drive a small
chisel or screwdriver behind the hub cap.  There may be a small scar caused by
the chisel but at least you'll be able to get the hub cap off in an emergency.

John Bigler