4/4 engine fan adaption

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: 4/4 engine fan adaption
From: DGreimel@aol.com
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 08:08:07 EDT
Listers,.  Someone was asking about alternative engine fans a while back.
While tinkering yesterday I discovered a fan from a BMW 320i lurking in the
trunk of a car and thought it looked like something that would fit my 4/4
1500.  By drilling out the center hole and a new set of bolt holes, using my
water pump pulley for a pattern, it was easily installed.  It is red, has
five blades and moves a fair amount of air without undue noise.  Last
evenings cruise proved it pretty effective.
The BMW part # is 1257039 and there should be scads in the junk yards.  They
are probably used on other 4 cyl models as well.  The 1600 Ford uses larger
bolts but that should not be a problem.
Happy Moggin!
Don