Re: model year

To: stuross@nac.net, morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: model year
From: RHT56@aol.com
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 20:51:25 EDT
Good point, Stuart.
I belong to another club who has obtained all of the "build sheets" for each
year.  Thus, one can obtain a copy of the factory tests and chassis
specifications.  We can tell the day that the car finished testing after
assembly.  It was then sent to a coachbuilder and many months later
registered with some agency.  However, my other old rig was built in 1927 and
remains listed by the factory as a 1927 even though it was first registered
in 1928.  Registration is an abstract concept apart from the date of
completion of construction, at least IMHO.
Dick in OR