Morgan Three-Wheeler Gathering in New Mexico

To: MX2SS@aol.com, morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Morgan Three-Wheeler Gathering in New Mexico
From: EPaul21988@aol.com
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 1999 14:42:24 EDT
Not to be outdone by our Mid Western brethren, today is celebrating the
largest , continuous Morgan Three Wheeler tech session and garage tour in the
history of Corrales New Mexico.  The object (note the singular not plural) of
all this affection is one F376.

Lavished upon her aged self over the past few ( well OK 8 months) has been a
complete and total front suspension rebuild, including all new hubs,
bearings, springs, centerpins, sliders and axels, plus new brake shoes and
restored cables, polished expander cones and rollers, resurfaced drums, new
rear bearings and brake shoes. Then not to forget  massive, crud, rust and
old paint removal, sundry welding and patching, miscellaneous machining, a
plenitude of parts chasing, several episodes of foul language, periods of
painting and polishing, sessions of straightening and never to forget --
several periods of despondency and sighing.

In place, or soon to be, is a newly installed cut down Brooklands steering
wheel with new hub, a NOS Lucas dimmer switch, horn button  and gauge light
on the dash.  A recalibrated and cleaned speedo with a new drive cable.
Three new Lucas brand tires and a new spare.  A pair of lovely Mayflower rear
lamps have been polished and await installation.
Oh and did I mention adjusting the door so it actually closes along the body
line ?  And the radiator, yes the radiator.  Still in pieces but finally
coming to a close or reconstruction with even a new radiator cap !  I'm
praying that the completed radiator will actually even fit back on the
vehicle !!

There is lots more to do, including replacing the GM metallic paint with a
two toned Nile Blue / Saxe Blue combination, but that will have to wait
awhile.

There's a show and concourse on the Plaza in Santa Fe on September 18, I hope
to make that the first outing.

Bert, stop by for a cuppa if you get this way.

Bob Paul
Corrales, New Mexico