Re: More about MSCC vs. Christine Healey

To: Jeremy Edwards <jeremy@jmemee.demon.co.uk>
Subject: Re: More about MSCC vs. Christine Healey
From: John Bigler <jbigler@sprintmail.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 21:46:01 -0400
Jeremy, thank you very much for your report on the workings of the MSCC.

I've been a member of the MSCC for over 20 years, give or take, having a low
membership number of 1388.  Years ago, when Chris Rowe was Editor, I felt as
though the published letters to the editor provided a good dialogue of
administrative issues.  However, except for the abrupt absence of various
officers on the Miscellany masthead recently, I was totally unaware of the
issues you've described.

I greatly enjoyed meeting Christine Healey when I was over for the 75th
anniversary, 1984 or 1985.  Each year, when I received her cheerful  "thank
you" note with my renewed subscription, I was reminded of my warm feelings
for the enthusiasts in the U.K., and encouraged to visit and renew the
friendships I made when I was over there.  Christine has been one of my
favorites, and I'm sorry to learn that, apparently, a few people didn't
appreciate her work.

I greatly appreciate your efforts to explain what has happened.  Chris,
perhaps you could give me your view in a private reply.

Cheers,
John Bigler