Re: squeak

To: TrmpetDave@aol.com
Subject: Re: squeak
From: Dave.Vodden@uk.ecitele.com
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 08:57:01 +0000

If you are greasing well the squeak is likely to be something loose, check
all the bolts at the front end.

To Grease the sliding pillars you should use a grease for sliding
applications such as a graphite based grease, I think there is a US grease
recommended by Greg Solow in the archive somewhere.  Support the car on
good stands on the cross frame with the wheels dangling and the rebound
springs compressed.  Make sure you get plenty in there, keep pumping 'til
you see it coming out of the top between the springs;  I find that can be
30 or so shots on my grease gun.  Then wipe off the excess so it doesn't
get on the brakes.

Dave Vodden
1992 Plus 4
Hampshire UK