Re: A trike question

To: "Gerry Willburn" <Gerry.Willburn@trw.com>, <jblair@exis.net>,
Subject: Re: A trike question
From: "Ken & Janet Hill" <jhv.morgan@lineone.net>
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 1999 07:39:44 +0100
Having researched and had published a book on Three-Wheelers world wide I
can confirm that Gerry Willburn is correct in all his statements.   There
were no three-wheeler GN's.    GN's were produced Hendon, Middlesex UK from
1910 - 1920 as GN Ltd; Then at Wandsworth,London 1920 - 1923 as GN Motors
Ltd  and from 1923 - 1925 as GN Ltd.   It was a popular Cyclecar especially
in the years immediately following WWI with production peaking at about 20 a
week at one stage.  It appeared in a multitude of forms :- monocar,
tandem,and side -by-side form, and was fitted with either water or
air-cooled engines.   The were great hillclimb and the like.   The
association with Morgan is very remote except that they used a JAP 'V' twin
engine.
Contemporary at the time the cars were summed up by one, W.H.Charock who
wrote.
'Nash and Godfey hatted cogs,
Built a car with chains and dogs,
It worked, but what if
They had made it with a diff.'

There was another British GN built in 1912 which had a large 3,308 cc
four-cylinder engine, but no more than a hand full were ever made and
according to one source there was only one.
Hope this is of interest.