Re: crack-up at the historics

To: edriver@sk.sympatico.ca
Subject: Re: crack-up at the historics
From: "Kit Hildreth" <krisbox@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 1999 11:12:05 PDT
----Original Message Follows----
From: "M.E. & E.A. Driver" <edriver@sk.sympatico.ca>
To: Kit Hildreth <krisbox@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 17:15:24 -0500

"Kit

Alan De Cadanet is a Brit, more than likely the product of William's
invasion of
England.  Maybe you should write or phone Speedvision and ask.  In this
country as is as in England that expression does not go down well with
either the Anglos or
others, ie "frog."

Ed"
******
Indeed! Like myself! Being pure Anglo-Saxon ancestry back to 888 A.D.except
for a dash of Pict on my American mothers' side, the Norman invasion equates
to me with Cromwell's march through Wexford with remarkably similar results.
Only pure French aristo's are entitled to the "De" prefix in my book! On the
same theme, "Brit" is in actuality a highly derogatory(read offensive!)
Irish espression referring to natives of the British Isles. Funny how others
can use derogatory expressions towards the British with little negative
response while in reverse, psychological insecurities hang out all over the
place! However, for courtesy's sake, consider it done!
Kit