British cars are where you find them.

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: British cars are where you find them.
From: tjsouz@epix.net
Date: Sat, 04 Sep 1999 11:38:07 -0700
Dear Listers,

Last night (Friday), Jan and I rallyed our three wheeler to the local
hot rod monthly gathering at a classic 50's drive-in restaurant and ice
cream place.  The restaurant has the unpronouncable name(to the
non-locals) of Przyuski's Family Restaurant and the organizing club for
the gathering was Classy Cruisers car club.  This is a rather rural area
and the monthly car gathering attracts mostly people who bring hot rods
and muscle cars, but also neighbors and friends who stop by to see the
cars and get an ice cream.  The three-wheeler was directed to a
prominant place in the parking area reserved for classy cruisers.  I
would estimate there were 150 classy cruisers on the tarmac and grass!

We met and talked with car nuts of course, but we also saw several
neighbors and friends that we don't see too often because of the rural
aspect of our area.  John and Linda were one couple we missed.  John
e-mailed the following to me this morning.

Mogfrog1@aol.com wrote:

> Hey Tony, saw you last night at the Classic Cruise, we had been there a while
> and when I went over to say "Hi" you had the hand crank in and were ready to
> roar off ! Sorry I missed you. We brought our BRG MGA MKll roadster ( lourved
> bonnet !!) And I was surprised to see another MGA and a yellow MGB GT. Take
> care,
> John

We found the MG's and an Austin Healy retro, but their owners , like us
were out and about looking at cars and making aquaintances.  Sorry we
missed you, John and Linda.

Jan and I were taken by the number of little girls and boys that drooled
over the three-wheeler.  We concluded that it attracts the little ones
because it's the same size as they are!  There were a number of young
people in the 10 to 14 age bracket with very good questions about
operating controls, engine size, max. speed and cornering
characteristics.

I would like to say that the future of the car hobby is in those
engaging young people we met last night.  They were brought to the car
gathering by their parents.  The seeds were being planted.  How to
preserve the hobby?  Get out and do.  Too soon it'll be winter.

Tony Souza
Ottsville, PA