Re: PolMogMama - (con su permiso, senorita..)

To: tjsouz@epix.net, morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: PolMogMama - (con su permiso, senorita..)
From: LSelz@aol.com
Date: Sun, 5 Sep 1999 19:07:40 EDT
In a message dated 9/5/99 18:37:38 PM Eastern Daylight Time, tjsouz@epix.net
writes:

<<
 hofmogtx@excite.com wrote:

 > Just checking in to this for the first time.  I really don't know what this
 > is.  Steve Bauserman said I should get subscribed to this.  Kathi Hoffman

 Fear not, Kathi.  This is a gentle group.  Even former Polish Morgan
 Club members are welcome here.

Kathi - Making the broad and reasonable assumption that you and the previous
poster are acquainted in a friendly fashion from a previous existence, this
list to which you are newly subscribed is a general technical, philosophical,
and Anything-Morgan mailing list.  About 10 posts/day is the norm.  All of
them are worth reading.  Some of them are worth remembering. A few of them
are worth saving.   There are people on here who have rebuilt 30 Morgans in
the last 40 years and who have whipped late-model Porsches and Nissans on the
racetracks of the nation with a car designed in 1910, and there are people
who don't know anything at all about a Morgan but who find this a great place
to learn and ask.

If you stick with the list, you will gradually learn which posters are......

The humble, wise and ancient Masters of the Morgan, and which are

The slightly obnoxious and noisy ones who get too excited but are quietly
tolerated like a puppy biting your toes when you are trying to work, and
which are the

Guys you wish YOU were that casually and unobtrusively note that they
couldn't decide which of their 3 Morgans they should have taken to the show
this week, and which are the

Mechanical "putzes" like me, who overuse black aerosol paint, duct tape, and
hose clamps trying to keep a Morgan running that you can't really afford in
the middle of a whirlwind of other things going on and NEED this list 'cause
it's free and democratic.....

I find it a lot of fun and a great alternative to television.....

Lannis