Mainstream press acknowledges Morgan

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Mainstream press acknowledges Morgan
From: "David P. Crandall" <davidc@netwrk.org>
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 1999 09:46:27 -0400
Imagine my surprise to catch a brief but nonetheless significant mention of
the presence of our beloved marque at Pebble Beach in none other than the
New York Times, Sunday edition no less!  The correspondent, commenting on
"Car Guys Who Really Like Cars", quoted Ford's CEO after his ride around
the track in a '39 Aston Martin, "They go fast and stop slow," he said with
a wide, relaxed smile [aka to Morgan drivers as a SEG].  Special mention
was made of the "platoon of historic cars...a 1932 Duesenberg coupe, a 1953
Ferrari Spyder and a 1928 Morgan Aero with three wheels, two seats and a
picnic basket."  Not bad company for the little critter.

Now if we can just get the car mags to get some test drivers who know how
to handle a +8, we may be ready to take on the big boys.
David Crandall  [aka mogdriver@netwrk.org]
66 4/4, 63 +4 DHC, 66 Volvo 122S
Rowley Massachusetts
978-948-7764 [days] 978-948-3309 [eves]