Re: Storage Pouches

To: "Mike Feiner" <MCF612@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Storage Pouches
From: "William G. Lamb, III" <lambroving@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 1999 22:47:04 -0400
Hello again, Mike,

 As mine was the first of the production 4.0's and as there were many
"issues" which delayed it's build by some eighteen months, I had lots
of time to think about the details of the car.

The door/ map pockets in my car had never been done by the Works
before and gave the Trim Shop fits, first because they neglected on
their first attempt to recall that these NAS cars have side intrusion
beams and made the most beautiful pair of pockets for the car on
standard door casings which could not be used, and then, even
though they had on hand my original blind door casings, when the
pockets were fitted, still needed to "re-fitted" to my doors. Nothing on
a coach-built car is ever all that simple. The pockets are useful and
attractive but will not hold very much.

 What are the colours of your car and trim? If your trim is a standard
hide, then it would be easier but expensive to have new ones made
at the Works which would be the closest match. If your car has an
Autolux hide, the match would be close but not necessarily perfect.
The utility of these pouches does not really justify their expense, but
they are attractive.

 One other item I requested and received was a backing plate for
my passenger side air-bag knee bolster which coverts the top into
a shelf. It was my understanding that this had been made a
standard item on all the NAS cars. Are you sure that you don't
have this provision? I am able to store quite a few CD's and other
articles without shifting. This item is more useful than the door
pouches if you don't have one. Look again as it is painted black
and is difficult to see.

 Worst case scenario, it would be a simple matter to Velcro a
document pouch to the top of this knee-bolster until you can do
either or both of the above. Contact Chris at Cantab to research
these items with Mark Ledington at MMC.

 Once again, let me know when you can join me on a Sunday
to show you the secret Morgan roads of Western NJ, not to
mention a couple of pubs with Real Ale. Harrison can't be much
more than an hour and a half drive via I-287 to Bedminster.
(This presumes that you like exploring the handling of your
Plus 8 on miles of relatively quick, scenic winding roads.)

Best wishes,

Willie