4/4 Brakes Fixed

To: "Morgan List" <morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: 4/4 Brakes Fixed
From: "Ross Jones" <rossjones@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 13:22:14 -0400
Finally got the rear brake cylinders on my 1987 4/4 and everything is
working perfectly. On the road again!

Still had a slight problem... the company sent me two left rear cylinders
instead of a left and right. When I called, they said they would have to
order a right cylinder from the factory, which would take too long, since my
mechanic was expalined that "right now I am thinking Morgans, and by next
week I will be thinking some other mechanical problem - let's fix it now".

I found an adaptor locally that fits into one of the bleed holes and
converts it into a brake line (my model has the two brake lines on the right
wheel, one going to the left and the other going to the master cylinder).
Took some creative line bending to get it all to work, but all is well now.
Not the best of solutions, but I will order a new set for future
emergencies.

Plus... when it was all done, Chuck, the mechanic, finally got to drive it
around our Penna. Dutch country roads. Now he loves the car, and even wants
to borrow it when he takes his wife out next weekend for their wedding
anniversary!

I knew he would be a "Morgan convert" once he drove the car!