need some eyes - non lbc/saab/bricklin

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net, british-cars@autox.team.net,
Subject: need some eyes - non lbc/saab/bricklin
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 1999 16:03:26 -0400
I'm trying to help a friend out.  His daughter has/had a nice 77 Gremilin
until it got hit in the front.  He has found 2 Gremlins in junk yards, but
the yard folks won't go and look at them to see what their like.

Instead of use spending a weekend or 2 running all over the area to find that
none of the yards has any GOOD parts, I'm looking for someone in the
Culpeper,
Va. are that could go by Leon's Auto (504-547-2366) and someone in the
Smithsburg, MD area that could take a look at to Elwood's Junkyard (aka
Grimm's) in (301-739-7159).

In particular we are looking for a front clip (fenders, hood, grill, headlight
buckets, radiator, radiator core support, and brackets etc) and a front and
rear bumper for a 77 Gremlin.

>From what I've been told the 77 has metal headlight buckets while the later
ones went to a lot of plastic.  If they don't have a 77, then I believe a
78 or 79 could be used, but we definately need everything.

If anyone could run by either of these yards and see what they have, it would
be greatly appreciated!  Maybe check to see what they'd want for the clip.
Once we find something, he'll go up and get the parts.

TIA

John

              48 TR1800    65 Morgan 4/4 Series V (B1109)
71 Saab Sonett III (71500840)    75 Bricklin SV1 (0887)    77 Spitfire

Morgan: www.team.net/www/morgan
Bricklin: www.bricklin.org