Re: Four seater hood flaps

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Four seater hood flaps
From: "Michael D. Miles, PE" <mdmiles@home.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 1999 08:28:56 -0800
On my '68 four seater, I always put the rear flap to the inside since
it is contiguous with the flap along inside top edge.  There is also a
smaller outer flap along the top edge that goes outside and assures
the precipitation will go to the outside of the side curtains anyway.

BTW - I've used only the rear side curtains in some pretty nasty
weather (since I still haven't gotton around to rebuilding my front
side curtains) and they work pretty well.  I have side wind deflectors
as well which alleviates the fundamental need for the front side
curtains.  I've never heard the kids complaining about getting wet
with the hood up and the rear curtains on (of course, I've still got
an exhaust leak so its hard to hear much anyway...).

--
"Entropy Happens!"
Michael D. Miles, PE  Consulting Design Engineer