RE: Bah! Humbug!

To: "'Lannis'" <ottoflick@netzero.net>
Subject: RE: Bah! Humbug!
From: "Vandergraaf, Chuck" <vandergraaft@aecl.ca>
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 1999 22:08:13 -0500
Lannis,

If this quaint custom were extended to include Morgans, might we find a
plane or a pair of tweezers to pick splinters out of our hind quarters?
Maybe a pot of horse glue?

I agree that we need to lighten up and I, for one, can be as light (lite?)
as they come.  Compared to us in these boondocks, you have a lot more
British rolling stock around than we do.  In our town of 1600 or so, there
is one Morgan (mine, garaged and in need of restoring), one Jaguar sedan (in
need of some engine work) and that's about it.

Some years ago, I was in the London (UK) on my way back from Europe and went
for a walk in the evening.  Saw a 1930's Blower Bentley parked along the
sidewalk near Hyde Park and an Aston Martin.  I asked the kid who was
keeping a watchful eye on the Bentley about it and he told me that there
might be a Maserati racing car later on.  Sure enough, there was and, a bit
later, Stirling Moss showed up.  That sort of event stays with you.

Chuck