Re: defined

To: tdowling@gesb.wa.gov.au, edherman@concentric.net
Subject: Re: defined
From: CHarris990@aol.com
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2000 00:00:01 EST
tdowling@gesb.wa.gov.au writes:

<< Firstly, let me confess to being guilty of overuse of cars, too. Owning
 a Morgan is so conducive to getting out and about, sometimes I can't
 resist - that is NOT overuse. But I also use my other boring cars too
 much. Like Harris, I don't want to be a commuter, but my work is in the
 city and my home is in the suburbs. I take full advantage of the
 flexibility of my hours, but I'm still required to make the occasional
 trip in rush hour. No matter which car I use, it takes me at least 30
 minutes to get to work (does that make some of you jealous?) - I get
 frustrated, I have to pay for fuel and parking, and I create pollution. >>
Terry,
Terry, My commute to work is 20 feet.  The stables where I keep my horses is
10 miles and they must be taken care of daily.  As a tree farmer I only have
to go to them occasionally and the nearest farm is 120 miles away.
Fortunately trees are a civilized mans crop.  You don't have to back hoe them
or carry them to the vet.  If you haven't had a fire you are still in
business.  There is no fuel shortage just a lack of competition due to our
governments killing off our own industry.  During the last energy crises in
'73-'74 I bought bicycles for Barbara and myself.  I still occasionally use
mine but unfortunately they are not here normally used for transportation and
those who do use them wear truly funny clothes which they try to get others
to wear by city council fiat.  Anyway, the market is that a thing is worth
what someone is willing to pay for it.
Harris